General Health & Wellness Tips
Disclaimer: These health and wellness tips and information are not meant to replace any medical
treatment. They are offered here as a service. Use this information at your own risk. No guarantee is
made towards validity. This tips are my personal belief on how I stay healthy.
Modern life has enough stresses impacting our health and well-being without illness or disease playing a part.
There are things that we can do - with just a few changes to our lives we can be much healthier and happier, reduce
some of the stress, and more effectively resist various health issues.
I'm never going to claim that any of these tips will cure any ailment, If you have an issue which concerns you
then you should go see an expert. People have gotten some amazing results from changing their habits, changing
diets, adding quality supplements, changing attitudes, and so on.
It doesn't take a daily two hour workout at the gym (not that that's a bad thing) and it doesn't involve going
100% macrobiotic or something.
- Dehydration is a subtle problem that affects many of us. The effects show up as diminished efficiency,
fuzzy headedness, and other problems that can be caused by many things. You've ehard about drinking
those 8-10 Glasses of Water a Day. This cleans out toxins and helps the body function much better. I keep
a sports bottle by my desk and sip constantly. Depending on your diet you might want to add a little salt to
your food to replace what's lost by drinking that much water.
- Add Movement to Your Life. Park further so you walk between the car and the stores, take steps instead of
elevators, and take longer routes to your desk. Find ways to add some fun exercise to your routine. You don't
have to run a marathon. Simply add a little more walking to your routine. Increase it on a regular basis.
- Think Positively. (If you need help, see our Affirmations page.) You can even
get software to help you do this. Focus on where you want to be, not on
whatever problem may be occuring now. For me, this is a huge stress reliever.
- Take Time to Relax. Allow yourself to de-stress at least once a day. The occasional massage or spa time is a big help. Don't have a masseuse or spa nearby? Maybe
a massage chair is what you're looking for.
- A really basic health & wellness tip: Get adequate sleep (sleep until you're done
sleeping.) This may involve changing your routine, but less stress and better health may be worth it. Getting a
decent mattress may help a lot. You spend around 8 hours a day on that thing, and only a couple in your car.
Isn't your bed worth a few extra dollars?
- Wash your hands often. Minimally wash hands before eating and after using the restroom. Many colds and such
are transmitted through contact, rather than being airborne. Regular washing can help with this. Germicidal
soaps won't help against cold or flu viruses, but might have other uses.
- The most powerfull i ever found
- Eat a large variety of fresh produce, the more richly colored the better, and supplement your diet with
high quality vitamins and minerals. In general fresh foods are more nutritious than packaged foods. Organic or
not? Depends on the soil and methods used. Organic potentially has higher food quality. If going
organic reduces stress because you know it's better for you then it's absolutely worth the higher price.
- Believe is Something. Studies have found that people who have faith live longer. It provides direction and
focus and reduces stress.
- Eat vegetables every day. Vegetables provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Many are known to help
protect against various degenerative diseases including cancer. The fresher the better. The more darkly
colored then better. Yes, I know I mentioed it above. It bears repeating. This may be the single best thing you
can do for yourself.
- Drink water before, during and after exercise. Thirst lags behind your body's need for water. So drink
water early and often.
- Laugh. Let humor enter your life. One of the easiest ways of being healthier is to find a way to relax more
and have more fun.
- Find a way to bring joy into your life. Treat yourself to long baths or help a neighbor. Find a way to
smile and help others smile.
More health and wellness articles
- Healthy Skin
Would you consider your skin healthy? Well, the truth of the matter is there are many factors at hand when it comes to healthy skin. It's not just about being blemish free or staying out of the sun.
- Foods that Heal
foods have one major benefit that herbs and (even less so) pharmaceuticals don't... our bodies evolved, over millions of years, to process foods and make the best use of what they have to offer.
- Get the Kids to Eat Right
What is your favorite thing to eat? If I ask my kids this question, they always says the same thing. I would think their opinion would change rather frequently, but they always reply with Dominos Pizza.
- Health And Fitness Is Not A 12 Week Program
Don’t let yourself be part of the latest fitness dropout statistics, make getting fit a long term goal.
- About Current Health Articles
In today's highly polluted and highly stressed out world, it is important to always read current health articles to know what new risks you might be facing and what you can do to minimize them.
- Sleep Help
Tips and suggestions on getting to sleep faster and sleeping better.
- Anxiety and Panic
True anxiety is a fear about something that you can't define, a vague feeling that something is wrong or some unspecified bad thing is about to happen.
- Skin Detoxifier: Detoxify your skin with a salt rub. This salt rub invigorates, improves circulation,
and aids in better sleep. Start with damp skin, take a handful of sea salts or Epsom salts and massage your
skin until slightly pink. Repeat all over the body, including hands and feet. Refrain from the salt rub if
you have senstive skin or a rash.
Rejuventate your mood with a fragrant bath. Pick the right scent for you:
- Calming,relaxing scents: chamomile, honeysuckle, jasmine, lavendar, patchouli, sandalwood
- Energizingi, invigorating scents: camphor, cinnamon, loemon, peppermint, rosemary
Fill your tub with warm water first, then either mix 10 - 15 drops of a fragrant oil or a few
dollops of scented bath gel and relax.
Tired of counting sheep? This natural remedy is sure to put you to sleep. Fill your tub with enough
water to cover your ankles. Holding onto something stable, march in place for anywhere from 5 seconds
to 5 minutes.
Books for Better Health
Here is my list of useful health books. They are listed in my favorite order. (In association with
Amazon.com, for quick, reliable service - and discount prices!)